Homemade Lip Balm
Making my own products is something that works on so many levels for me.
- I know exactly what goes in them so I know they are better for both the environment and us.
- They are easily personalized and so they make great, thoughtful presents for Christmas, Birthdays or any other occasion.
- Making your own things saves a fortune on buying them ready made.
- Making things is a very fun and rewarding thing to do.
- It is something the kids can do with you, simultaneously keeping them busy and teaching them new skills for life.
One of the quickest and easiest things you can make is lip balm. I don’t know about you but my lips always get so dry and cracked this time of year due to the cold weather, so having a lovely, moisturizing lip balm on me at all times is essential.
Here is my own easy recipe for a homemade lip balm that you will love so much you’ll never go back to buying shop bought! Watch me and my 5 year old making it on the video below, or skip further down to go straight to the recipe.
Lip Balm Recipe
You will need:
1tbsp Beeswax (You can use block or beads, whatever you prefer) Find some here.
3tbsps Coconut Oil
12 drops essential oils of your choice. For this one I used Lavender and Lime 🙂 Here’s a lovely starter set to get you going – Essential Oil starter set
Lip Balm pots like these: Lip Balm pots
And that’s it! Here’s how to mix it together:
- Add the beeswax and coconut oil to a double boiler, or if you don’t have one just place in a heatproof bowl and pop on top of a pan of boiling water. Keep on heat until it has all melted.
- Add your drops of essential oils.
- Mix well and pour into lip balm pots carefully.
- Leave to set and apply – easy!
I’d love to hear you get on making these, comment and let me know!